Meningococcal disease is relatively rare but is very often serious the best way to protect yourself is to get vaccinated.
It strikes with very little warning, death can occur and there is risk of losing a limb or two.
Ladywood Clinic is now stocking Bexsero, the Meningococcal B vaccine.
For more information about getting vaccinated against Meningococcal B vaccine, please speak to one of our GP’s at your next appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions about the vaccine
Who should get the Vaccine?
Anyone can get the vaccine but the current guidelines recommend the current high risk groups.
- infants and young children, particularly under 24 months
- Adolescents aged 15 to 19
- Children and adults with conditions that place them at a high risk, such as problems with immunity or an absent spleen.
How much does it cost?
Currently Ladywood Clinic charge $130 per vaccination and is available now
How many Vaccinations are needed?
- For infants aged <6 months, 3 primary doses of 4CMenB plus a booster at age 12 months are recommended.
- aged 6-11 months 2 primary doses 2 months apart and a third dose at 12 months or 2 months after the second.
- 12months to 23 months two doses 2 months apart
- 2yrs to 10 years two doses 2 months apart
- 11yrs and older – two doses one month apart
At this stage the need for a booster dose is unclear.
For more information please click on the link below