BSc Psych and Crim (Hons), MSc Foren Psych, Assoc MAPS
Message for LADYWOOD CLINIC clients re: Coronavirus
To protect patients, Rae Starkey is providing consultations via videolink and telephone.
All appointments for patients who have the following are being bulk billed at the moment:
a Commonwealth concession card holders, children under 16 years of age, and patients who are more vulnerable to COVID-19 which are:
Vulnerable means a patient at risk of COVID-19, so a person who:
- is required to self-isolate or self-quarantine in accordance with guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee in relation to COVID-19; or
- is at least 70 years old; or
- if the person identifies as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent—is at least 50 years old; or
- is pregnant; or
- is the parent of a child aged under 12 months; or
- is being treated for a chronic health condition; or
- is immune compromised; or
- meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
Videolink platforms that are available include Skype, Zoom, Facetime, Whatsapp etc. Please call the clinic prior to your appointment to let the staff know what would work best for you.
Rae works Monday to Thursday
Rae provides a non judgmental, supportive, safe and caring environment which enables each patient to improve on their psychological well being. Treatment is individually tailored to the needs and goals of each patient using a collaborative approach.
Rae Starkey obtained her degree and masters in the UK and is currently undertaking a second masters in Clinical Psychology. She started working as a psychologist within the Department for Correctional Services in South Australia providing assessments and interventions to prisoners, and went on to work with children as a psychologist with the Department for Education and Child Development. Rae also worked with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services providing therapeutic interventions to young people and their families. She then went on to work as a private psychologist, providing services to country SA and metro regions whilst also working as a psychologist within a SA Health inpatient unit.
A standard session is of 50 minutes duration.
To Find out more please visit Rae’s website at : http://www.psychologistsa.com.au/#!about/c240r